Monday, September 21, 2009

Meet Sarah, The Silverman Group's Fall Intern

The Silverman Group internship program is a 3 - 6 month committment for a current student to receive hands on public relations experience at a boutique agency. Our newest intern will be giving an "intern's point of view" on The Silverman Group clients and events and a first hand account of what is like to be a part of this team.

To be considered for future internships - send a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to laura@silvermangroupchicago.com

Without further ado... here's Sarah!


Name: Sarah
Year in school: Senior
Hometown: New Lenox, IL
School: Loyola University Chicago

From watching The Nutcracker on Channel 11 every Christmas to attending every community theater production in the southwest suburbs, I've been interested in dance and the arts from an early age. After taking dance lessons from age 6 to age 19, with few breaks in between, I was determined that the arts would remain a part of my life. Like many undergraduates, I want what I do to truly matter, both personally and on a community level.

Initially, I planned on submitting my resume for a spring internship. In the end, impatience and a desire to prepare for a career in a field I love won out. After interning with a small vintage fashion e-tailer, I interviewed with TSG during the summer, and started in mid-September.

I'm thrilled to share my experience as an intern at The Silverman Group. Watch for future posts about events, the arts, public relations, and what it's like interning at a boutique agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment